Tuesday, September 9, 2014

When Will My Life Begin?

Lately I've been feeling like a Disney Princess at the start of her movie.  No, I'm not implying I'm about to meet Prince Charming or find an enchanted castle, but I have felt like Belle wanting "adventure in the great wide somewhere" a lot lately.


Unlike a Disney Princess I can't just wonder "When will my life begin?" and suddenly a thief will wander up my tower and I will take the crown he has stolen to use as a barter chip to get me to my true home.  (That would be nice though.  Well, other than the breaking and entering... and being kidnapped as a child bit.)  I do not have the luxury of writers moving along my plot development so I have had to take matters into my own hands.

I recently started a pro-con list of places I was thinking about moving to.  Some of them are pipe dreams (oh NYC and So Cal, why must your price of living be astronomical?) but there were about 4 that were serious contenders.  But in the end, only one can prevail.  



It might take me a year.  It might take me four months.  And it certainly won't be easy to box up my life and save up the money to once again move across the country.  And its especially a good thing that my past year long affair with this state ended well, because I am once again heading to Utah. 

I am so excited about this.  The past two years since returning home have been a very long dark tunnel, but its nice to finally be in the light and see hope and a future.  I will certainly miss my wild and wonderful West Virginia hills, but I've learned all I can learn here.  I'm not going to find the things I want out of life here so on to the next adventure I go.   


And you know what?  I think a change will do me good.



No comments:

Post a Comment