Monday, March 19, 2012

Things I Miss About My West Virginia Hills


  • Pepperoni Rolls.  I have lost count of how many times I have thought about walking to a gas station to get one only to realize that Utah does not have these rolls of greasy goodness.
  • Green.  While there are grasses and trees, they have to water them constantly.  And the trees they do have are on the puny side.
  • Going along with the above, I miss McDonough Wildlife Refuge.  I miss Special tree, and the pond, and the lookout tower, and the old oil well, and so. many. trees.
  • I miss randomly seeing wildlife.  
  • Autumn.  Nothing beats driving down the interstate when the leaves have started to change color.
  • Mister Bee's Potato Chips.  I don't know why, but I have been wanting these so bad.  Along with the best tortilla chips that can only be found at Aldi's.  
  • Sno Biz.  I saw today that due to the great weather, they would be opening soon.  Someone go have a root beer float shaved ice for me.  I need to live vicariously through you.
  • Photography locations.  I had go-to spots for photo shoots.  Like the railroad tracks, McDonough, Fort Boreman, Front Street, the Old Marble Factory.  (Well, the last one is only in theory.  I haven't had an opportunity to go yet.)  All I have now is the campus. 
  • And finally, my family and friends.  Whether your in West Virginia or you've moved elsewhere, I still miss you all.  

1 comment: