Friday, June 8, 2012

Walk Into The Darkness

Harold B. Lee once said, “You must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and perhaps a few steps into the darkness, and you will find that the light will appear and move ahead of you.”
I'm trying to center my life around this quote.  The future terrifies me.  I remember being a kid and honestly thinking that the closer I'd get to twenty, the more I'd have figured out; that be reaching adulthood, I would have all the answers.  HA! If only.  Instead, I'm finding that I have very, very few answers and very little idea as to where my life is going.
When I do get some idea of what my next move should be, it isn't always what I would want or expect to do.  Such is life I guess.  Searching for answers only to be unsure or dislike what you find.
But here's the thing.  I've learned the hard way many a time that when inspiration comes knocking, you open the door and run after it even if you really have no idea where its taking you.  Just as Lee said, things will become clearer as you go.
Or at least, I hope that's the case.  

No comments:

Post a Comment