Sunday, March 31, 2013

He Is Risen!

Happy Easter everyone!
With it being Easter Sunday, I wanted to write about something that is on my mind: The Atonement.
I took an Institute class this summer called "The Atonement in the Book of Mormon".  When I went into the class, I felt I had a fairly good grasp on what the Atonement was.  When the class ended, I felt I had learned a lot, but that I really knew nothing.  Which is a sign of the complexion and vastness of the Atonement.  The class met eight times and each time we met, we'd tackle a different aspect of the Atonement.  So I learned a little about different facets, as opposed to studying one deeply.
For those wondering what the Atonement is, True to the Faith (a gospel reference book published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) says, "The word atone means to reconcile, or to restore to harmony. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can be reconciled to our Heavenly Father. We can ultimately dwell in His presence forever, having been “made perfect through Jesus”." In essence, Jesus Christ suffered for our sins to make up the difference when we fall short and to know how to comfort and help us when we need it.  He conquered death and rose again so we could inherit all the Father hath.  As President Bruce C. Hafen put it, "But, after all we can do, the Atonement can fill that which is empty, straighten our bent parts, and make strong that which is weak."
Since it is Easter Sunday, I am reminded once again how much our Savior loves each one of us regardless of the choices we might have made.  I know I fall short and I make mistakes and I don't always do the things I should.  But I have felt the love of my Heavenly Father and the love of my Savior always but especially when I felt I didn't deserve it.  And that has made all the difference in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write so passionately about your faith! Blessings to you <3 I love easter- possibly even more than christmas!

    ReplyDelete